ABSENTEE TAZKIRA (AFGHAN NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD)
The Embassy of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is not the authority to issue Tazkira (Afghan National ID). Only, a portion of the process for obtaining a Tazkira in absence of the person can be initiated through this Embassy.
An Afghan national, who wishes to obtain a Tazkira, can initiate the process through the Embassy on the basis of Tazkira of one of his/ her paternal relatives (father, grandfather, siblings, uncles, aunts and paternal cousins). Applicants must be able to mandate a family member/friend in Kabul to follow-up the work on his/her behalf.
All the applicants shallcarefully read the following instructions and information and apply accordingly:
- 1. Appointment: Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Embassy. Clients with no prior appointment will not be serviced. For booking an appointment please click on this link. (the appointments can only be set on afternoons from 2.30 to 4.30 PM)
- 2. Visit In-person: An applicant MUST visit the Embassy in-person on the date and time of his/her confirmed appointment and have the required documents ready.
- 3. Required Documents:
a) Application Form. The applicant needs to fill an application form available here. The name and contact number of a representative or relative MUST be in the application, who will, on behalf of the applicant, follow up the process with the Afghanistan Central Civil Registration Authority (ACCRA) in Afghanistan.
b) Tazkira of Paternal Relatives. The applicant should provide a copy of one of his/ her paternal relatives’ Tazkira (father, grandfather, siblings, uncles, aunts, or cousins).
c) Photographs. Six recent photographs (2 photos for the use of the Embassy and 4 to be sent with the package to Kabul) with a white background (size: 4x4.5 cm).
D) Copy of Swiss Residence Permit
E) Identity verification form: this will be filled by the Consular Staff, and it is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure all filled information is accurate before putting their thumbprint as they can’t be modified later.
F) Paid return Envelope.
- 4. Fee: The Embassy charges 10 CHF for this service. This fee can be paidby money order to Post-Finance account “Section Consulaire de l’Ambassade de la R.I. d’Afghanistanen Suisse 1202 Geneve, CH34 0900 0000 1767 0802 3”. Please note that the Embassy does not accept cash.
- 5. Procedure: An interview is conducted with the applicant on the date and time of the appointment and the completed and duly signed form is submitted at the Embassy, a document package will be prepared by the Embassy. An official letter from the Embassy, addressed to ACCRA, will be included in the package. The Embassy will send the scanned copies of the document package to ACCRA. The original package will be sent to the applicant’s address using the return envelope provided by him/her. The applicant should send the original package to her/his representative or relative in Afghanistan, whose details are included in the application form, for further assessment and processing. After this, the file is closed at the Embassy and requires NO further follow up.
If the applicant fulfils all the requirements and is deemed entitled for a Tazkira by ACCRA, he/she will be issued an Afghan Tazkira in absentia by ACCRA. Applicant’s representative or relative, mentioned in the application form, can collect the original Tazkira from ACCRA, Afghanistan (NOT from the Embassy). Once the Tazkira is issued, the ACCRA will hand and issuance letter to the applicant and send a copy to the Embassy, this document is necessary to be presented to the Embassy whenever the holder needs further services from the Embassy based on the obtained Tazkira.
- Please note that this process requires a long waiting period and depends on the follow up of the applicant’s representative or relative with the ACCRA. The Embassy has no control and influence on the process within ACCRA.
Please make sure to have a copy of all required documents with you, as the Embassy can not provide print/copying facilities for the applicants.
READY TO APPLY?
If you have read the information given above and are ready to apply, please download a Absentee Tazkira application form and book an online appointment, please note that if you are applying family, you need to book separate appointments for each application