Job Vacancy - Consular Assistant
Agency Embassy & Permanent Mission of Afghanistan in Geneva
Title Consular Assistant
No. of Positions Two
Vacancy End Date 03.07.2019 (Midnight Geneva, Switzerland)
Duty Station Geneva, Switzerland
Education Bachelor’s Degree
Work Experience At least 3 years of relevant experience
Languages English and Dari/Pashto (candidates who speak French are preferred)
Contract Duration 1 Year with possibility for extension
The Embassy and Permanent Mission of Afghanistan to the United Nations in Geneva is leading communication and relationship between the state organs in Afghanistan and the United Nations agencies and other international organizations in Geneva. In addition, the embassy and the permanent mission serves as the main diplomatic venue for bilateral diplomatic and consular relationship between the governments of Afghanistan and Switzerland.
Given the importance of Geneva as a diplomatic hub, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan has deployed a permanent representative and a number of diplomats to this office. To effectively implement the planned activities, the mission is hiring two consular assistants.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the consular, the incumbent will perform the following:
- Receive and process applications for consular services (passport, visa, Tazkira, marriage certificate, power of attorney, etc),
- Follow up with relevant government agencies on applications and consular services and finalize required consular documents,
- Organize appointments to the applicants and make interviews,
- Ensure required consular payments are made and documents and other consular services are offered based on laws and regulations of Afghanistan,
- Provide fast and effective response to questions of clients over the phone, facebook page and website of the embassy,
- Update consular sections of the website and other communication medium of the embassy,
- On-duty services on Saturdays if required and as agreed by the embassy,
- Conduct field visits for consular purposes as required,
- Conduct other administrative tasks as required by the management of the embassy,
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, law, communication, management or other related fields.
English and Dari/Pashto (candidates who speak French are preferred)
3 years of relevant experience.
Progressively responsible consular, legal, secretarial, administrative or communication experience is required.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web-based management systems and social media.
The applicants should either reside in Switzerland or be able to work in Switzerland without acquiring a visa.
How to Apply