The Embassy attests/verifies/authenticates documents such as educational diplomas, Marriage Certificate, Celibacy Certificate, Birth Certificate, Death Certificate, business and other documents.
If the document has been issued in Afghanistan and attested by the Consulate Affairs Directorate of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan, the Embassy attests the document free of charge.
If a document has been issued in Switzerland, it should be attested by the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs/relevant Cantonal authoritiesbefore it gets attested by this Embassy.
ALL local (Afghanistan issued) Driving Licenses will be sent to the Ministry of Interior Affairs (MoI) of Afghanistan through this Embassy for verification. Please note that this is a time-consuming process.
Please read the following information and instructions carefully:
All applicants, whether applying by post or in person, must submit the following items as part of their application package:
- 1. Appointment:
Can be obtained online through our website.
- 2. By Post:
All required documents can be sent to the Embassy by post. Please include an Express/Registered return self-addressed envelope along with the required documents. The Embassy won’t be responsible for any loss of documents sent by post.
- 3. Required Documents:
- a) Request letter. the applicant should write a request letter addressed to this Embassy and outline the need for verifying/attesting/authenticating the document(s).
b) Original of the document(s) to be attested/verified/authenticated.
c) Copy of the document(s) to be attested/verified/authenticated.
d) Copy of Swiss Residence Permit.
e) Express/Registered self-addressed envelope. An Express/Registered self-addressed
- 4. Fees: Service fees varies depending on the type of the document. Please refer to the fee rates table for attesting/verifying/authenticating different types of documents. Applicants can make a money orderto Post-Finance account “Section Consulaire de l’Ambassade de la R.I. d’Afghanistanen Suisse 1202 Geneve, CH34 0900 0000 1767 0802 3”. A money order in-payment slip can be obtained from the Embassy or any Swiss Post-office. Please DO NOT send cash by post or DO NOT bring cash in-person to the Embassy. The Embassy does NOT accept cash under any circumstances.
- 5. Procedure:
Once the Embassy receives the application package in person/ by post, it will be processed within 1 working week provided that the required documents are complete. This does not apply to Driving License, which will be sent to MoI Afghanistan and takes up to six weeks or longer. The Embassy will send back the attested/authenticated/verified to the applicant using the Express/Registered self-addressed envelope (It is extremely important for ALL applicants to include an Express/Registered self-addressed envelope with the initial postal package and send it to the Embassy.)
- Business and Commerce related document 200.CHF
- Driver License 100 CHF
- Marriage Certificate 100 CHF
- Celibacy Certificate 100 CHF
- Tazkera 100 CHF
- Power of Attorney or Inheritance Certificate 150 CHF
- Birth Certificate 60 CHF
- Educational document 150 CHF