Job Vacancy - Administrative Assistant
Agency Embassy & Permanent Mission of Afghanistan in Geneva
Title Administrative Assistant
No. of Positions One
Vacancy End Date 03.07.2019 (Midnight Geneva, Switzerland)
Duty Station Geneva, Switzerland
Education Bachelor’s Degree
Work Experience At least 3 years of relevant experience
Languages English and Dari/Pashto (candidates who also speak French are preferred)
Contract Duration 1 Year with possibility for extension
The Embassy and Permanent Mission of Afghanistan to the United Nations in Geneva is leading communication and relationship between the state organs in Afghanistan and the United Nations agencies and other international organizations in Geneva. In addition, the embassy and the permanent mission serves as the main diplomatic venue for bilateral diplomatic and consular relationship between the governments of Afghanistan and Switzerland.
Given the importance of Geneva as a diplomatic hub, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan has deployed a permanent representative and a number of diplomats to this office. To effectively implement the planned activities, the mission is hiring two consular assistants.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the administrative and finance officer, the incumbent will perform the following:
- Support the embassy on issues of administrative and financial nature,
- Receive delegates from the airport and hotels and make necessary arrangements for their presence in the meeting venues,
- Drive staff of the embassy to meeting venues,
- Answer telephones and email addresses of the office and the consular section,
- Prepare and send letters and other correspondence from the embassy,
- Provide translation services to the embassy staff,
- Help the embassy staff in organizing meetings, events and receptions,
- On-duty services on Saturdays if required and as agreed by the embassy,
- Facilitate field visits of the staff of the embassy as required,
- Conduct other administrative tasks as required by the management of the embassy,
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, law, communication, management or other related fields.
English and Dari/Pashto (candidates who also speak French are preferred)
3 years of relevant experience.
Progressively responsible secretarial, administrative or communication experience is required.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web-based management systems and social media.
The applicants should either reside in Switzerland or be able to work in Switzerland without acquiring a visa.
How to Apply