Job Vacancy - Executive and Communication Assistant
Agency Embassy & Permanent Mission of Afghanistan in Geneva
Title Executive and Communication Assistant
Vacancy End Date 09.06.2019 (Midnight Geneva, Switzerland)
Duty Station Geneva, Switzerland
Education Bachelor’s Degree (master’s preferred)
Work Experience At least 3 years of relevant experience
Languages English and French
Contract Duration 1 Year with possibility for extension
The Embassy and Permanent Mission of Afghanistan to the United Nations in Geneva is leading communication and relationship between the state organs in Afghanistan and the United Nations agencies and other international organizations in Geneva. In addition, the embassy and the permanent mission serves as the main diplomatic venue for bilateral diplomatic and consular relationship between the governments of Afghanistan and Switzerland.
Given the importance of Geneva as a diplomatic hub, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan has deployed a permanent representative and a number of diplomats and staff members to this office. To effectively implement the planned activities, the mission is hiring an Executive and Communication Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Ambassador and the Permanent Representative, the incumbent will perform the following:
- Effective organization of schedule of the ambassador/permanent representative,
- Effective communication and administrative support to the office;
- Organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings; preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues; follow-up with focal points;
- Regular collection and uploading of required data in the website and other communications means of the mission;
- Screening of incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for supervisor’s signature, clearance and further action by other staff;
- Adherence to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines by the mission when communicating with the UN, Government and other external partners;
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system;
- Draft tweets, messages, routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested, translations when required;
- Administration of travel, meetings, appointments and briefings Including drafting of background notes;
- Organization of missions, facilitation of accommodation and logistical support;
- Oversight of day-to-day administrative of the Office of the Ambassador;
- Oversight of provision of proper transportation to the Ambassador;
- Provide logistical support to staff and organize events/workshops if required;
- Other relevant tasks as assigned by the Ambassador.
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, communication, management or other related fields.
English and French
3 years of relevant experience.
Progressively responsible secretarial, administrative and communication experience is required.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web-based management systems and social media.
The applicants should either reside in Switzerland or be able to work in Switzerland without acquiring a visa.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply