CERTIFICATE OF INHERITANCE
- 1. Appointment. Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Embassy. Clients with no prior appointments will not be serviced. For booking an appointment please click on this link
- 2. Visit In-person. The applicant(s) and ALL the witnesses MUST be present at the Embassy on the date and time of the appointment along with the application form and required documents.
- 3. Application Form. Clients should fill the applications in Dari or Pashto carefully. Special attention to names, dates, figures and places are required. Forms can bedownloadedfrom here
- 4. Required Documents and witnesses. Please read the information below carefully and prepare for your appointment accordingly. The following persons anddocuments MUST be present in the Embassy during your appointment.
I). Inheritor(s) (Waris/Warasa): at least ONE inheritor (waris) MUST be present at the Embassy at the time of appointment along with (1) one copy of his/her/their Tazkira or passport and (2) two recent photographs (size: 3x4 cm)
II). Testifiers (IqrarKonendagan): THREE adult testifiers (IqrarKonendagan) MUST accompany the Inheritor(s) at the Embassy during the appointment along with (1) one copy of Tazkira or Afghan passports of each testifier; and (2) two recent photographs each (size: 3x4 cm) and (3) copies of Swiss Residence Permit.
III). Witnesses: Two adult witnesses MUST also accompany the inheritor(s), with their (a) copies of Tazkira or Afghan passport; (2) copies of Swiss Residence Permit; (3) two recent photographs (size: 3x4 cm).
- 5. Fee. An applicant should pay 130.- CHF for ONE Certificate of Inheritance by money order to Post-Finance account “Section Consulaire de l’Ambassade de la R.I. d’Afghanistan en Suisse 1202 Genève, CH34 0900 0000 1767 0802 3”.
- Notes: For One Certificate of Inheritance at least SIX adults are required at the Embassy (at least ONE Inheritor + THREE Testifiers + TWO Witnesses)
Please bring along all necessary documents and photographs at the time of your appointment. The Embassy does not have printing and copying facilities for its clients.